My introduction included favorite music groups.



Since I view myself as part Canadian, though no one as yet has cross-border adopted me yet.

Two Canadians on another gardener blog were promising hopefuls; but the weather in their provinces stopped me short. I prefer Vancouver B.C. I nearly began to contact the three primary schools I went to, hoping that somehow some older gal would remember the young rake who had passed out so many Valentines. Sigh!

Follow up.

Canadians seem to be ever so humble about what they have. Americans have the Rockies, the Dolly Parton of the Grand Titons. You have banff in small caps.

Get to advertising!

You have the hottest Governor General. WOW! You had Treudeu. Valerie Pringle -- also hot and interesting. The weather gal who does that strange sport of rolling stone pizzas down the ice. 'Curling' (like hurling) it is called. The Scot's seem to take to it as well.

On music alone. Canada stands proud.

Celine Dion comes to most minds, but she is not one of my favorites. Do remember I am a 60's kind of guy. I do respect her though.

My favorites:

Susan Aglukark!!!
Leonard Cohen!!!
Nelly Furtado
Kate Lang
Gordon Lightfoot !!!
Anna McGarrigle
Kate McGarrigle !!!
Rita MacNeil some
Joni_Mitchell
Buffy Sainte-Marie Oh so very much.!!!
Stan Rogers
The Weavers
Ian and Sylvia Tyson!!!

and a no on Neil Young.

That said Canada has produced exceptional artists, songwriters performers and T.V. anchors. Why don't they write about their accomplishments. Being ever so humble is a crock.

I would love to hear what the Canadians would add to that list.

Now, I would add Sinead O'Conner to my favorites as well, and even Dolly Parton for her Garden Song. Also, Kate Wolf for her Apple and the Lilac tree ... since we are so into gardening.

I had challenged a Canadian on another blog if he could arrange to get a National Anthem sing off between Leonard Cohen for Canada and the Austin Lounge Lizards for America. He never replied.

I would love to post a picture of Dolly but I think most of it is copyrighted.
Her comment of "I have got little feet because nothing grows in the shade." is worth thinking about.

As far as good lines, few actors or singers have her one liners.
"I was the first woman to burn my bra - it took the fire department four days to put it out."

-Dolly Parton

No comments:

Post a Comment